Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Galatians

Well,


It's that time of year again. I am beginning to prep for Sunday school. Last major series I helped out with was the book of Numbers. This time I will be working through Galatians, which is really great considering all the NPP stuff going around over the past few years.









I'm going to try something new this time around and see how it works. During my preparation, I will be posting "NUGGETS" from the commentaries that I am reading. So far I have made it mostly thought the first 2 chapters of Galatians in the commentaries. So, I have some backlog to do.

For reference I am using the following Commentaries:
  1. Calvin's Commentaries - John Calvin

  2. Galatians, Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians, and Philemon - William Hendriksen

  3. Galatians - Reformed Expository Commentary - Phillip Ryken

  4. Galatians (Paul's Charter of Christian Freedom) - Leon Morris

  5. The Message of Galatians - John R.W. Stott

  6. Let's Study Galatians - Derek Thomas

  7. Geneva Series of Commentaries (Galatians) - John Brown
Of these I highly recommend 7 & 2 if you want to get into the meat of the book. For devotional purposes, 5 & 3 would be better suited.
Please feel free and comment on the nuggets as your input will help me in planning my lessons.

Brice

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds great, but if you'll notice in one of your pictures, GALATIANS does not have an "o" in it. Just thought you'd like to know that before you start teaching through it.

Brice Young said...

I never said that there would be no Typos. It takes a long time to type this stuff up. I'll be sure to copy you on the "corrected version".

Anonymous said...

Much better ;) Hope y'all are doing well. We'd love to get together sometime!